Sunday, May 31, 2009

Shocking End for Two Unlikely Lovers

By October Winchester
In our fair streets of Verona, two powerful families take their hostility and animosity onto to the streets, the Montague’s and the Capulet’s. With both families at fault, our city has turned into a bloody battle field, causing chaos and mayhem among our citizens. However, in the middle of all this madness, lie forbidden affairs, hidden secrets, betrayal, and a story with a tragic ending. A tragic end for two adolescents whose love was kept a secret until their unfortunate end. An end that did nothing to end the feud between the two families.


Romeo Montague, a member of the well respected Montague household, and son to Sir and Lady Montague. Romeo Montague was a 16 year old young man, who was apparently associated with Mercutio, a relative to the Prince. Romeo and Juliet apparently met during a party that was being held by Sir Capulet, and was at first, clueless of who each other was, but upon learning of each other's idenity, they soon realized that their relationship was to be kept a secret.This young man was confirmed to have been secretly married to Juliet Capulet, a member of the Capulet household, and their family rival. Romeo is also described to be a respectable, young gentleman, and personally, in my opinion, a very handsome young man.

Juliet Capulet, a member of the well respected Capulet household, and daughter to Sir and Lady Capulet. This young woman was a mere 12 years old when she met her demise, but before all this chaos, she lived a lavish, and sheltered life, and was apparently courted by Sir Paris, a relative to the Prince. This young woman is said to be related to Rosaline Capulet, another young woman who was romantically involved with Romeo before he met Juliet Capulet. It was confirmed by her Nurse that when Juliet met Romeo, the two agreed on keeping their relationship a secret for their sake and their families as well. Despite their efforts to keep their relationship going, it never worked out between the two of them which eventually led to their double suicide.

I recently caught up with Juliet Capulet's personal Nurse, and this is what she had to say about the tragedy, " I have known Juliet all her life, and have taken care of her like she was my own daughter. After we found out about her suicide, I felt crushed, not only because of her death, but for the fact that she was taken from us a second time. I didn't know what to think, I didn't how to feel. All that was in my mind was guilt, guilt for her death, guilt for Romeo's death, guilt for not letting her be with the one she loved. But what was I supposed to do, tell her to run away with Romeo, ofcourse I couldn't tell her that, like I said, she was like a daughter to me, and I wanted her to be safe, but I was wrong to turn my back on her. I hope that wherever she is, she can forgive me. That's all I have to say. "

I recently caught up with Lord Montague, Romeo's father, and this is what he had to say about the tragedy, " I can't believe that my son killed himself for that whore, that Capulet. He didn't deserve to die, even if it was his own doing. She probably drove him to it, telling him that that's the only way they could be together. I mean how could he have loved someone like her, why couldn't have have fallen for someone else? Why? Why her? She didn't deserve my son, and she deserved what she got, but my son didn't. "

It has been months since the deaths of these two unlikely lovers, and a trial is still on it's way. Both families shows little, to no consideration for the other's lost, but has since both agreed that the Friar be put on trial for of their childrens death. The Prince, however, has threatened both families that any chaos caused by either side shall be punished by the law. As for the other deaths that were caused by both sides, a trial is also on it's way. A tragic end for two innocent adolescents that was driven by their family's rivalry, who do you think is to blame?

No comments: